Thursday, January 19, 2012

Some Clay




 I like to call this glaze the waterfall combination.  Made out of Porcelain. - 2011








 A little off?  Jar made out of Porcelain.  A combination of thrown pieces. This was an experiment using many of my test glazes sprayed and layered. - 2011







Another wonky Jar made out of porcelain and sprayed with many of my test glazes.  Reminds me of a martini shaker. - 2011




















The bowling ball.  Its a fun piece made out of white stoneware. - 2011














A tea pot made out of white stoneware with layering of a shino and a glaze heavy in iron oxide. - 2011














Pitcher made out of white stoneware with layering of a shino and a glaze heavy in iron oxide. I like to leave throwing lines it leaves a lot more variation to the glaze. - 2011 






Creepy Crawly Shino.  This plate was made out of porcelain. - 2011

























High fired porcelain with a clear test glaze over one of my lithographic transfers using a drawing.  - 2011





















Salt fired porcelain.  It was part of my tree series mugs that I had. The circles are a blue ink that I was experimenting with.  This mug is one of my more successful transfers.  - 2011








These mugs are all made of porcelain and salt fired.  They are transfers of my print "Don't Look". - 2011








Salt fired porcelain. with a drawing transfer. - 2011
































"Untitled"

I like to refer to this as my guy.  He is made out of high fired white stoneware and is a composite of thrown pieces.  I didn't smooth out the throwing lines but rather left them in to show that this was a hand built piece but the pieces were thrown.  If I wanted to not have that effect I would have just hand built him and then smoothed out the edges into a softer looking guy.  He is holding a slab with a transfer of my print "Now Do You See?".   

No comments:

Post a Comment